Share This News

Kaushambi, Oct 28 (UNI) One person was injured when a fire broke out in a sweets factory after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in Pipari area of Kaushambi district in Uttar Pradesh.
Police sources said that Satish Kesarwani runs a sweets factory in Manauri Bazar area. “The incident took place when a cylinder exploded in the factory late on Friday night.
As cooking oil and cylinders were stored in the factory, the fire spread quickly and engulfed the plywood godown adjacent to the factory,” they said.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Brijesh Kumar Srivastava said that the house in which the factory was being run collapsed in the incident. “A person identified as Sagar sustained serious injuries in the incident and has been admitted to a private hospital,” he said.
The SP said that two cars owned by Satish were also damaged in the incident. “The wall of a neighbour, Sonu was also damaged in the incident. The firefighters controlled the fire after several hours,” he said.
Meanwhile, the police lodged a case against the factory owner Satish Kesarwani on Saturday.
Sub Inspector (SI) Manoj Tomar, who lodged the complaint, said flammable material like gas cylinder, refined oil and huge quantity of plywood was kept stored irregularly by Satish Kesarwani.
He said that despite this, fire fighting equipment was not installed in the factory by the owner.
“Negligence on the part of the accused has been detected which led to the horrific fire accident. The police are investigating the matter,” he said.